I have taken on a lot of new hobbies lately. So, I probably shouldn't take on yet another one, but I have been inspired by friends' talents and enjoyed actually getting a little taste of cake decorating on Wednesday night. (Pun intended.) Sister Gifford was kind enough to teach the Young Women about cake decorating at her home on Wednesday night, and the leaders got to play around, too. Here is my first effort. I was pretty proud, and now I am inspired to make cool cakes for every birthday my kids have. Tall order? Yes. Do-able? Maybe. A fun outlet for my minor creative side? Yes, definitely. (I don't know why the pictures are sideways. Sorry.)


11 comments:
WAY TO GO ALLY!!! I think you did a great job, it can be quite addicting :) if you go on the wilton website you can figure out where classes are. I think you have a natural knack and you should pursue this outlet for your creativity! Hope you enjoy yourself.
I think that cake looks really good. I would have to taste it to give my full approval, though.
Hey! I took on the cake decorating hobby last year. It's WAY fun. Try fondant...it's super easy (I always thought it was hard) and makes the cake look really nice.
So fun! Maybe you and G should go into business together. :) Great job!
I took a cake decorating class once and it was way fun!
Ally, that is really cool! Some day, you can teach me how to do this too!
Aw, princess, you are too kind. My cakes have a long way to go but I sure have fun doing it. Your cake turned out really cute, Ally!
Super cute!
nice work!!! Cakes are so hard for me, I tried once, and gave up, I'm too impatient for that. LOOKS GREAT!!!
Great job!! Birthdays will never be the same;)
Fun Hobby! My mom made us special cakes for our birthdays, they are some of the best memories.
Post a Comment