Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Seven Months Old!

Millie is changing so fast and getting so big. She can now crawl and is pretty fast at it. She has also learned how to pull herself up to a standing position and how to sit back up after changing positions. We have discovered her standing up in her crib crying after not knowing how to get back down from standing up. I'm guessing she will be walking in the next month or two. How frustrating it must be to be learning so many new things but not knowing how to fully use them.

She says "mamama" and "dadada" when each of us is around, and we think she understands who is who. She used to be a great sleeper; we could lay her down in her crib for a nap or bedtime and she would roll over and fall asleep without a fuss. Now she yells when we start walking down the hall toward her room. She cries before every nap and bedtime, even though it is usually only for a minute or so. How did she go from being a good sleeper to a bad one? She still sleeps well at night though - about 10-11 hours straight.

She is also becoming more needy. She used to just play on her own for an hour or two without caring if anyone was around. Now she looks around a lot to make sure someone is in the room, if she is willing to play on her own at all. I hope it is just a phase, because it becomes taxing sometimes to not be able to do anything other than hold her all day (although I do like holding her)! She loves sucking on/playing with tags on toys/blankets/soft books. They are more fun than the toy itself sometimes.

She is now eating cereals. She likes rice cereal, oatmeal, and whole wheat cereal. She will start a veggie at the end of this week. She caught on quickly and loves to sit in her high chair and eat. As soon as we put her in her high chair, she starts banging her hands on it and grunting. Luckily, she doesn't try to put her hands on the spoon anymore when we put it in her mouth, and she likes when we play airplane with the spoon.

Here are some pics I took yesterday. She is really starting to change and look older.


I think she looks like my baby pictures in this one, except for the hair color (I am in the white/red dress). What do you think?


Pics from the last month:

18 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

She does look like you in that baby picture and I can't believe how grown up she is looking. Also, that is amazing that she is already crawling and pulling herself up. Teairsa just put her knees under herself the other day and it was only because I pushed them up there, she quickly pushed them back out. Millie is such a cutie.

Jinii said...

She is getting so big. It is funny how that happens so fast!! Just wait until she is walking if you think it is hard to get things done now!

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

She is so cute!! I love seeing her grow. Thanks for sharing the pictures. And I'm sure I don't have to say it, but I will, if you need me to take her so you can get things done let me know.

Sara G said...

She totally looks like you, especially that cute little nose! I want meet her someday soon...and about naps I think she's realizing that you are just in the other room. Babies think we totally disappear when we leave, but now she knows better. She hates missing out on the party in the other room and wants to hang out with mom and dad more! She should get over it eventually.

Elsha said...

She does look like you! It's crazy how fast they become little people isn't it?

larshannon said...

I was surprised by how much she grew up in just one month. What a cutie.

Brimaca said...

She does look like you!

She's sooooo pretty.

The Qian Family said...

She does look so much like you in that picture! I love the one of her in the tub with her dainty little hand :) she is soooo pretty and I can't wait to meet her!
I remember when all my kids went into that "you can't leave the room" phase. Taxing, to say the least. Sometimes Alexander is still like that :)

The Qian Family said...

She does look so much like you in that picture! I love the one of her in the tub with her dainty little hand :) she is soooo pretty and I can't wait to meet her!
I remember when all my kids went into that "you can't leave the room" phase. Taxing, to say the least. Sometimes Alexander is still like that :)

Dirt, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

she is such a pretty little girl!!! her hair has really lightened up! its sad that they grow up so fast but fun at the same time.
i just love how their little faces change as they grow and get teeth!!

Shay said...

Oh, so sweet! You're right, she does look like you as a baby in that picture. That's so cute about the tags on toys. All 3 of mine have also been more fascinated with the tags than the actual toys, too. I think it's so funny. Already crawling and standing! Way to go, Millie! Will isn't even sitting up yet, but my babies are never very quick about starting to be mobile, but that's just fine with me. Life gets a little more hectic when they start moving. She's so adoreable, Ally, and it's so fun having babies so close in age.

Delcie said...

I can't believe how big she's getting!! She'll be a toddler before you know it! She's still a cutie. I'm pretty sure that will never change!

Ryan and Hailee said...

very very cute Pictures Ally, She is so precious, and sounds like she is getting very smart, about the toy thing try have toys in the room that you are in, and then she will most likely play a lot more on her own knowing that you are in the room. That helped with me a lot.

Steph said...

Beautiful! She does look like you!

Kiersta said...

Ally, she is growing up so much! I think she looks so much like you did :) It is crazy how fast they change. I love her eays and those lashes are insane.

jess&rich said...

What a big girl!! She looks so much like you!! Hate to say about the whole sleep thing, but I knew it was too good to last :) I swear I've sleep trained Darby 10 times now!!

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

Wow! She looks so much like you. She is getting so big and cute! Time flies...

Ryan and Hailee said...

I love the pictures, she's growing up so fast!!