Saturday, November 08, 2008

Friday Night Lights

This post is for you non-West Texans. What kind of football game is this, you ask? A small university. No, it's the local high school stadium - complete with a jumbo tron and box seats. I don't know about you, but this is quite a difference from the concrete slabs and thin wooden slats at my high school. Midland High played Permian High (team from the movie Friday Night Lights) last night. Midland lost, but it was a good high school game, nonetheless.


Permian Panthers


Jumbo tron


Field


Box


This is the visitors side only. The whole stadium seats 15,000.

7 comments:

Elsha said...

Ah, football in west Texas.

Brimaca said...

Yeah we laugh about it a lot. Gotta love Texas!

Shay said...

Wow, they really take their high school football seriously down there!

Sam and Becka said...

Yep, high school football is huge here. There are literally cult followings! Wouldn't be Texas with out it! Happy Birthday by the way! How is everything going with the pregnancy? You are looking good. Let me know about a shower, I so want to go. If you are up in this area for any christmas shopping or fun just holler, I would love to see you again.

Sam and Becka said...

Yep, high school football is huge here. There are literally cult followings! Wouldn't be Texas with out it! Happy Birthday by the way! How is everything going with the pregnancy? You are looking good. Let me know about a shower, I so want to go. If you are up in this area for any christmas shopping or fun just holler, I would love to see you again.

Ryan and Hailee said...

that is really insane!! But what a blast, and I bet the weather is great there too!!

Ryan & Kiersta said...

Hey Ally, I love the belly...you are such a cute prego lady! Your halloweem costumes ROCK! Hey about the football...yeah we've got that going on here too... a far cry from the Canadians...we just sit on camping chairs in the snow!!!!!!