Monday, September 08, 2008

Hawaii Report

First of all, I have to say that at no point have I been more disappointed in my lack of picture-taking motivation than I am at this point. We actually had a great trip and did lots of cool stuff - a lot of which was not caught on camera. Mostly it's because of laziness, but also because we like to enjoy things without worry about getting a good photo while we are doing it. So, with that caveat, here are the highlights and the pics we did take. (Awesome footage that was not captured: taking a boat with our friends Josh and Amanda taking out into Kaneohe Bay and snorkeling, snorkeling at Sharks Cove and seeing tons of cool fish and a sea turtle, lots of swimming/boogie boarding/beach time on the North Shore and Waikiki, more pics of the Luau and activities at the Polynesian Cultural Center, us eating at lots of yummy restaurants, and I'm sure I'm forgetting other things...sigh.)

Day 1: Arrive/Have Dinner at 5:30/Are Completely Exhausted and Go to Bed at 7:30

The View of Diamondhead from our Condo - Beautiful Sunrises and Sunsets

Day 2: Oahu - North Shore - Cliff overlooking Waimea/Snorkeling at Sharks Cove/Haleiwa

Awww...Where We Got Engaged...What a Difference 6.5 Years Make :)


Matsumoto's Famous Shave Ice

Day 3: Oahu - North Shore - Scuba Diving/BYU-Hawaii/Luau and Night Show at Polynesian Cultural Center

Scuba Chris


Day 4: Oahu - Boogie Boarding at Waikiki Beach/Boating and Snorkeling in Kaneohe Bay with Josh and Amanda

Day 5: Big Island - Driving along Northeast Coast/Hike to Akaka Falls

We're Up on a Hill Overlooking the Ocean Here

Lots of Cool Bamboo on the Hike


Day 6: Big Island - Volcano National Park

I love Chris' hair in this pic. There is no reason to do your hair in Hawaii if you have curly/wavy hair, by the way. It will never stay how you want it, and it is too windy to keep it down.


Cool Lava from Years Gone By

Arch Where Old Lava Deposited into the Ocean

More Lava

Day 7: Big Island - Beaches/Black Sands Beach/Point Where Lava is Still Flowing into the Ocean

Day 8: Oahu - Boogie Boarding at Bellows Beach with Amanda/Dinner at Roy's

Day 9: Oahu - Drive on Pearl Harbor (pays to have friends in the Navy)/Sickness/Flight Home

12 comments:

Shay said...

What an awesome trip! Looks like it was so much fun! I'm like you - sometimes I just like to have fun and not worry about taking pics. But I know how easily I'll forget things if I don't have pictures to remind me and don't write them down soon. So glad you guys got to go on such a fun trip!

p.s. when do you find out what you're having?

Ally said...

We find out on Monday! How about you?

Katie said...

Thanks again for inviting me. ;)

Sam and Becka said...

Al
The trip looks like so much fun. Sam and I really want to go to Hawaii. Hopefully someday we will. You look terrific. Hope the flying wasn't too rough for you. I know when I flew I threw up on every flight. I'll post some pregnancy pics soon.

Elsha said...

If you want more pictures of Hawaii, I'll send you some and you can just photoshop yourself in!

Kami Schultz said...

Looks like an awesome trip. David and I went on a cruise when I was 12 wks along. It's the perfect time to get in one more vacation before your life changes! You look great--can't wait to hear what you're having! Feel any movements yet?

Ryan and Hailee said...

what a great trip!! I'm so glad you were able to take a big trip before the baby is born.

Sara G said...

Ahhh to be in Hawaii...looks like fun. And that last pic really shows off your little tiny bump!

Brimaca said...

Looks like fun. Someday I'll go to Hawaii....

Ryan & Kiersta said...

nice! our 10 yr is coming up but since I will be in Abu Dhabi we will be deferring our "party" until I'm back. As far as work goes, Bechtel will try to "officially" open tomorrow but with only a limited staff. I guess the Bechtel tower had quite a few windows blown out and while they do have power they don't have any AC. could you imagine being in a big huge building and no AC...no thanks. I will probably be going in either Friday or Monday next week!

The Qian Family said...

What? Hawaii? How do I miss this stuff. It looks so fun!!!! I love the pics and you both (you three?) look so happy. And a girl??!!!! :) LOve and miss you!

Cara said...

How fun. I'm so jealous. Looks like you guys had a blast. That's so smart of you guys to go on cool trips like that before the baby comes.